Amazing judgement – brokers who ripped off consumers with excessive commission will need to repay all the commission earned – not just the excess of what is fair. In this case over £17,000 including interest for PPI on a £30,000 loan It shows the importance of checking add ons and hidden charges on anything services or financial product – headline APR or total interest do not tell the story – everyone should be required to show total costs and charges over the life of the product. Finance has to be fair to the consumer.
- The latest Stamp Duty changes – Have they worked or are they a disaster?
- Pension Industry Transparency – New Parliamentary inquiry following from Port Talbot
- Financial Market Frauds – Here we go again
- FCA to act on Peer to Peer Lending Investment on Crowdfunding platforms
- Fairness in practice – Loan brokers punished for failure to disclose excessive PPI commission